Saturday, July 6, 2024

Summer Vacation 2024...

You all know how much I look forward to our family beach trips every year! These are always my most favorite adventures with my most favorite people!

This year, we traveled down to the southern Caribbean- the furthest south we have ever been. Barbados has been on my travel list for a bit and this was the summer we made it happen! And, if your going to pay this little island a visit, you might as well do it up right, and that we did! 

Sandy Lane is considered one of the most iconic resorts in the Caribbean, and life is just too short not to go see what all the fuss is about! We never crossed paths with any celebrities, but we were treated like royalty! 

Getting to this magical little island proved to be its own little adventure! We got home from the TO golf tournament on Wednesday evening, and were leaving the house at 2am on Friday for our 5am flight. We miraculously avoided Florida storms and canceled flights, but had serious IT problems and major delays. Once we landed in Miami we ran to our connecting flight, sliding into our seats just in time for takeoff! Of course, all the hustle and bustle just adds to the excitement and I'm a firm believer that the best destinations are often the hardest to get to!

The boys like to make things easy and fight over me as their flying buddy, as I always take one for the team and sit middle, letting them have the coveted window seat. On the way there, Roen was my sidekick and in true form, he was quite entertaining. 

Once we arrived, the boys had little gifts waiting for them and it was the very moment I saw Mr. Roen/Remi Davenport typed on Sandy Lane gift tags that I  knew I was going love everything about this place! Everything from the pillowcase piping, to the beach umbrellas, to the tea saucers, were accented in pink..... it was Fancy Nancy meets Barbie mermaid and I loved every single little detail!

Once they showed us to our rooms, gave us the basic run down and made sure we had everything from coconut-scented wash cloths to refresh our hands to rum punch, to a fruit platter and gifts, we headed down to the beach! We let the boys have their sea water fun while we sat at the beach bar taking in the view, sipping the local beer and then ending the night with dinner and sweet little macaroons waiting on our beds. This place specializes in the details and I went to bed knowing exactly what the fuss was all about!







1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Yay…I’ve been patiently waiting for this post!!!
This destination clearly has your name written all over it! Details are always appreciated by a detailed person 🤗. It’s always a hit the ground running adventure for y’all and this one started at the airport! 😂. The first day looks perfect. I’ll be sure to stay tuned for updates! Did the color theme of pink take you back to “Little Pink Designs”? I sure went there! Love y’all 😘