Thursday, May 29, 2014

Moving Along...

So, things at the house, seem to be moving along rather quickly.

Did I really just say that?! I thought I would never be able to say that!!

All the exterior trim has been painted, all the bricks have been laid, all the cabinets have been built (about half have been installed) the interior doors have arrived, and the interior trim is going up as I type. In about 2 weeks, paint will be put on the walls. I guess I should start picking out my colors!!

For the cabinets, I went with beadedboard... no surprise there. Of course, they will be painted, but here is a built-in from the master...



My sweet little fireplace finally got bricked. The library itself is a pretty cozy little room, so we kept the fireplace very quaint and small. To say I love it, is an understatement! All the furniture in this room will be very feminine, in shades of white with a French feel and the bookcases will be filled with one of my most prized possessions... my books!! My hopes are to fill the walls with art that I love and really keep this room as a retreat for myself. This room was VERY important to me...



Here is what the trim looks like. I could not have been any happier with how the color looks against the white.

They also acid washed the brick, so now I can finally enjoy my perfect shade of 'school house red'...

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Wow, things are coming together! It looks awesome and the little fireplace has "lauri" written all over it. I can hardly wait to see the finished project.....I know it will be awesome. Thanks for the update....keep 'em coming.