Monday, January 9, 2017

Owl Pellets...

This year, Santa put a little owl pellet kit in the boy's stocking. I remember dissecting these things back when I was in school. If you can get past all the furry grossness, they are really quite neat!

I had envisioned the boys doing this on the back porch on a nice sunny afternoon, but they just couldn't wait any longer and I gave into them staying warm and dissecting in the kitchen.









I think one of the things I love most about being a mom to boys is that they like all sorts of gross things. As girly as I am, I sort of like gross things too. I love getting to encourage them to embrace all their boy interests- gross or not!

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

What in the heck was Santa thinking!!! 😩😩😩. Is this something like a cat's hair ball? Well judging from the pictures the boys loved it!! The good Lord knows what we can handle so he gave me a girl...and only one. 😂 Glad they had fun and I'm very thankful you can handle "gross"! Happy Monday! Love to all ❤️