Tuesday, March 28, 2017

First Games...

Saturday, was opening day of baseball for the boys. This is a day Micah has been looking forward to for a very long time and he might have been even more excited than the boys!

Roen's cute little t-ball team played great and pulled out a win- all the hours upon hours of practice with Daddy paid off! They are still so little and sweet... I just love watching t-ball!!!

This is one of Roen's best little buds! For Roen, baseball is it! He loves playing with all his buds, and they are seriously they cutest little boys ever!


Look at that big ole wad of beef jerky in his mouth!!



Now that Remi is in Coach Pitch, things seemed to have gotten a bit more serious. I found myself a little less laid-back watching his team play. They didn't end up winning, but there are some really great players on his team, and I found myself intensely watching every play!

Remi's love for sports isn't as deep as Roen's seems to be, but if Micah has anything to do with it, that will eventually change! Here he is with his two very best friends...





I have NEVER been into sports. In high school, I did cheerleading, and even then I hated sweating during the pep rallies. But look at me now! I look forward to watching the boys play, I go to practices that I could easily miss and let Micah take the boys to and I seriously have no greater joy than watching Micah work with the boys and coach their teams.

As this chapter of life opens, I feel as if I am more of spectator, but that's ok because when the boys go up to bat, and I see them turn to find their Momma's eyes on them, I know that though my part may be quiet, it is just as important.

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

What a great way to spend a Saturday! Roen is just the cutest little baseball player ever. Be thankful that it's jerky in his mouth and not tobacco. You remember that he loved to sing "chew tobacco", "chew tobacco", "chew tobacco" - SPIT! Loved it!!!
Remi is mighty handsome too! He looks like he grows an inch in every picture. It is going to be a fun season. Nothing better than being a cheerleader for your children. They do know that you can be loud when necessary...right? Go Knights!! Swing for the fence!!! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! Love you all!