Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Turks & Caicos Day 2...

Since day one was so packed full, we let day two be a little bit more laid back. Once everyone woke up, we had breakfast at the resort. The boys played some beachside pool while they waited for their fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee and food...









After breakfast, we headed to the local shops to get in a little souvenir shopping. The boys found all sorts of goodies to bring home, but I think the best thing they got was something they couldn't even bring home. They found some giant nets and although they were way too big to fit in our suitcases, it was money well spent, because they caught all sorts of critters with those nets!



All Roen talked about wanting to see or catch fishing was a Goliath Grouper. So, when he found one in the gift shop, there was no way he was passing that up...



And of course, before we could even get out to the beach, Remi had already caught a lizard with his net...






After shopping, we headed straight to the beach. The boys spent the afternoon building sandcastles, snorkeling and trying to catch fish with their nets.

We ended up ordering lunch out on the beach and I have to say, there is nothing better than being able to eat right where you play! I found two of my favorite things on this afternoon- the secret Fish Hook drink and the amazing Red Snapper tacos. I ordered those tacos every chance I got-- I think at least three times on our trip!












(salt water in his eyes- ouch)



I spotted a huge starfish pretty far out and once Remi caught wind of it, he swam out as fast as he could and had that starfish to shore in no time. After everyone checked it out and we got pictures, he swam that sweet little starfish all the way back to where he found it and placed it back on the sandy bottom where he belonged.











That afternoon, we found a new little sea creature friend. This tiny little sting ray loved the shallow waters right were we played and snorkeled everyday. The boys loved chasing him around until he got tired of swimming where he would finally bed down in the sand, hidden from sight except for his tiny little tail barely poking out...







Later that afternoon, the men tried their hands at a little sailboating. This little sailboat outing was pretty fun...











What a fun afternoon we had!! I think after this day, our swimsuits had gallons of sand in them! When we had not more time to spare- and trust me, I stayed on that beach until Micah had to pry me off- we got cleaned up and headed to the island fish fry. Every Thursday, the locals come together to put on a live concert, tons of local food, local vendors set up booths all at Bight Park, where you can go get a feel of their culture. We had this on our agenda to do last time we visited, but didn't make it. This time, I was not missing it.

I actually ended up on stage in dance-off in front of hundreds of people- which made my day more amazing! We had fresh coconut which we loved, but the boys couldn't handle more than a sip. They did however, love their little pineapple drinks! I snagged some beautiful coconut bowls and we really had an amazing time. My only tip for this event would be if you have kids with you, go early and leave early-- it gets extremely packed and trying to make it through the crowds with littles was near impossible.




(I got the pink/green and green speckled bowls)















I wasn't sure anything could come close to our first day, but our second day had it's own set of memories that were just as good!

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Another awesome day! I’m fairly certain that I could not keep up with y’all. You packed in a ton of fun and made lots of new memories. My heart melted with the starfish story❤️ The boys look like naturals on the beach, sailboat & in the water. Sorry we didn’t get to see your dance off but I bet you made the boys proud! 😉. I’m ready for Day 3! Thanks for sharing. Love y’all 😘