Thursday, February 29, 2024

Track Season...

The boys had their first track meet of the year and it was such an exciting day! Besides me loving track, it was the most perfect sunshiny weather! This meet, Remi got to just do pole vault (which he was so happy about) and Roen got to try his hand at sprinting. Because he missed several days while at Nationals, he missed field events but is hopeful he will get to do triple jump at some point. Neither boy really had a great showing, but I had so much fun watching them- it brings back so many memories of my own track days. 

Remi didn't make it past the first round and he was so disappointed. But honestly, this is just the way it goes sometimes. They actually had a good amount of boys go out for pole vaulting this year, and I'm pretty sure they will all be taking turns competing at the meets. 

Roen got to run all the races I used to run! Oh, the excitement it gives me watching them all lineup in the blocks! Both his relays got last and bless his heart, he got last in his 200M. But he has the most beautiful little stride and I truly think he loved his first taste of track & field!

You know me, more than anything, I just love watching the boys work hard at something, no matter the final result! They gotta know how to lose with dignity and have the 'want' to work harder and do better next time. And a huge shoutout to Pops who stayed to watch all the boy's events... all 6 hours!

Remi:

Pole Vault

Roen: 

200M

200M Relay- first leg

100 M Relay- second leg








1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Track is lots of fun to watch!! Glad they had a nice sunshiny day. I can’t even imagine trying to pole vault 😬. Way to go Remi!! The pictures you got are awesome. And Roen, running the 200m and the relays…how fun! Takes me back to Kim’s track days!! They both did great!! So proud of them! Thank you for keeping us in the loop! Pops is a great supporter! Track meets are slow at times and pretty long, so he did great hanging in for 6 hours!! I’m betting everyone slept well that night. I know I would have 😂. Look forward to seeing how their next meet goes! Love y’all 😘