Saturday, February 24, 2024

Under Armour Winter Nationals 2023...

While Rem and I were away shooting trap, Micah and Roen were off in Florida shooting for birds!

Believe it or not, they actually had worse weather than we did! Their practice round on Friday was beautiful weather, but come Saturday, well, it was in 40 degrees and rainy! Those two were out all day, wet and cold for a 6 hour round. Sunday was dry, but still miserable. I wasn't a bit surprised for them to get home Sunday evening, only to find them both sick in bed by Tuesday.

I don't like missing either of the boy's activities. I have been pretty spoiled, because for the most part, they do the same things, at the same time, so I always get to be there for them both. I'm not gonna lie, as Micah and Roen pulled out of the driveway Thursday morning, this momma had big, fat crocodile tears falling down her face!

Overall, Roen didn't play well. This time of year is coming right off of basketball season where Roen has spent the least amount of time on the course that he does all year long. He was rusty, not at his best and well, cold, lol! Despite not playing anywhere close to his set goals, he arrived home all smiles and full of stories to tell! There really is so much more to these trips than just golf!

Practice Round: 86

Round One: 90

Round Two: 90











1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Somehow I always expect Florida to have warm weather, but this is year two of pretty cold golf playing weather!! I love all the pictures! Micah gets an A+!! Roen has the best attitude…the kid that sees the glass as half full. Sorry it wasn’t his best golf games, but thankful they had a great time and returned home safely. Hope they’re both feeling better!! And I love your statement…There’s so much more to this than golf!! Amen!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Ro’s smile always brings a smile to my face ♥️
Love y’all 😘