Friday, May 19, 2017

Outdoor Lighting...

I love lighting and think fixtures are the perfect way to add fun details. So, when it came to our outdoor space, I wanted to incorporate lighting wherever I could.

They finally got all our lighting up, and to me it changed the look of the entire area...







They also poured all the decking (concrete), installed the countertops, put up the backsplash and got our fence up- they have been busy!

The backsplash is the same spanish tile from the pool... it is the perfect little pop of color!

I really wanted a 'wood' look for the countertops and went back and forth between concrete stamped to look like wood or granite. In the end I went with granite in favor of a smoother surface. I am so happy with this decision, because when we went to pick out the granite, I found the perfect countertops!! They are a dark brown (which ties in with the dark cedar on the ceiling) and have a wood grain detail in them. I have honestly never seen anything like them before and I just fell in love!!

I won't show everything just yet... I love an element of surprise, but here is a peek...

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

It's beautiful! This is like dangling a piece of candy in front of a kid...now I'm going to be waiting for the next post to see MORE!! Don't make me go on a road trip...just kidding!! I'm thinking I might need to apply for the dishwasher position or towel washer...whatever might be available. Let me know when you start taking applications!
Seriously, it looks amazing and the fixtures look great. So happy for you all! Have a great Friday & even better weekend! Bring on Summer!
Love & hugs 😘