Sunday, August 16, 2026

Turks & Caicos Day Two...

Day two, I was one of the first ones up, just as I had planned. I love being a first riser... something about having a moment of early morning peace all to myself! The property was massive and there were little  nooks around every corner, perfect for sipping hot tea and reading. I was determined not to get behind on my bible reading and there was something so fitting about being in the Word while being immersed in some of God's most beautiful work. Not to mention, I just happened to be starting the story of Jonah on that first day.... it all felt very apropos!

An hour or two later, after everyone started rousing, we had a light breakfast before splashing into our beach day... on our very own private beach! We snorkeled, we took out the clear kayak, we found shells, we were served the best drinks on island by our personal bartender, Nandi, and we of course, soaked up that sunshine! 

Later that evening, we ventured out to Land + Sea for dinner and some amazing patio views! With a goup this big, there is never a quiet or dull moment! The food definitely didn't hold a candle to our amazing in-house chef for the week, but a good time was had by all! An excuse to get all dolled up (and by this I mean, I got to wear my pink sequin slippers) is always exciting, if I do say so myself!

Please note... if you ever find yourself in an adventure situation with Remi, just know he will push you way past any comfort zone you have. I pride myself on being the ultimate adventurous spirit, not afraid to try anything.... *however*, Remi took us so far out into the deep waters in that flimsy kayak, that the waves were tossing and pushing us about in quite an alarming manner.... then he proceeded to announce he had taken us so far out because he needed to see how deep he could dive... so, he jumped ship, leaving me sitting in that kayak, just knowing that by the time he popped up, I would be so far away from him there would be no way he could swim back to the kayak. He was thoroughly annoyed and promptly took me back to shore so he could go out there ALONE. In order to appease me, he made a makeshift anchor so the kayak couldn't get away from him! All this being said, I still very much enjoyed my  afternoon adventure with Christopher Columbus!

Favorite Pictures of Day Two:

*Some things never change- I love the picture of the boys out exploring the razor sharp rocks barefoot... the day they stop exploring together will be a sad day for this mama

*Micah & Gran... he is definitely her favorite grandson.... shhhh, don't tell 









































No comments: